Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fun..eh?


Friday night was Mark Fisher's (the guys in pink) birthday celebration in Canada. I really didn't feel like going, but I had made a promise and had to keep it. He just turned 19. My roommate Bridget also wanted to go out, and she never does, so I felt like it was an opportunity I had to take to show her some fun. We end up going there, I end up having to drive (not cool, I definately didn't want to), and we take Mark and his friend Greg in the car with us.
There was a Columbian man there who would not leave me alone. I have never met a more persistant man, especially after getting shot down time, after time, after time. He was nice enough and handsome, but for some reason I was mean to him. He kept asking me to dance, and I lied to him about my name, I told him he would have to go impress me on the dance floor before I would agree to dance with him, and if I liked how he danced, I just might come over there. I would walk away from him,and he wouldstill come back. I don't know why I was acting like this. I just wasn't interested, I won't be interested in anyone for a long time because of Mark, but also, this guy was just too available, too easy. Eventually, I got annoyed and just decided to ignore him. He then sat down next to Bridget and I and was shoving a table into our chairs so that we would look at him. Honestly. Okay, night's over, I haven't had a drink in a while, I'm driving. Greg is drunk, very obnoxiously drunk. I already don't like him sober...double don't like him drunk. He can't find his ID, he isn't even looking for it, he is answering his phone and ignoring me. We are about to cross the border, I just want to get home, I end up getting in a HUGE argument with this kid, I was about to leave him on the side of 75, no guilt. I drop them off and go home. Finally the night is over.
Now this is where the problem is. This kid Mark was super nice to me when me and my old Mark broke up, a friend when he definately didn't have to be, and I really appreciate it that he was there for me. He is obsessive now. I really don't think he likes me in a crush-like way, but he will not leave me alone. He wants to be my bestest friend and calls me all day every day, and if I don't answer, he texts until I do. I don't know what to say to him. I am the type of person who values my alone time and with school and work I just need time for myself right now, to get myself back together and to focus on what I need to focus on. I am not saying I don't want to be his friend, but honestly I can't take it. how do you tell someone to leave you alone without hurting their feelings?

No comments: